Tuesday 27 November 2012

The Very Best of Paris (Recommendations by HTL)


After so much time spent combing through blogs, asking people for recommendations, and walking the streets to find the best places to eat, drink, and shop in Paris, I thought I would pass on my knowledge with a final Paris post of my favourites and absolute must-visits if you're every in town. I have a million things I could add here but thought I’d keep it to top fives (trying to cut down was a serious struggle), feel free to email us if you want the whole list! 


Best places to eat in Paris
Rose Bakery 30 Rue Debelleyme, 3rdOne of the coolest cafes in Paris, the best quiche I’ve ever had in my life, delicious salads and other counter foods, and they make what has been declared the best omelette in Paris.
Marcel 1 Villa Leandre, 18thBritish inspired really cute café near Montmartre, everything on the menu is to die for. Their porridge is life changing.
L’as Du Falafel 34 Rue des Rosiers, 4thTheir world-famous falafel is a must, and also recently discovered their schnitzel is equally delicious.
Le Square Trousseau 1 Rue Antoine Vollon, 12thOur favourite Friday night French meal, this brasserie makes incredible traditional French foods, and even has a Pavlova on the menu which we cannot stop talking about.
Takara 14 Rue Moliere, 1st, I didn’t think I’d ever find myself recommending Japanese food in Paris but this is one of the best Japanese places I’ve ever eaten at. Ever.


Best places to drink in Paris (coffee, obviously)
Kookaboora 16 Rue des Martyrs, 9thAussie style coffee in a cute little café – like a taste of Melbourne in Paris.
La Cafeoteque 52 Rue de l’Hotel de ville, 4th, They have a huge variety of coffee beans from all around the world, but don't worry they'll also answer to just 'latte'. 
10 Belles 10 Rue de la Granges aux Belles, 10thAnother cute little Aussie place that’s only just opened, great coffee and good lunch spot too.
Merce and the Muse 1bis Rue Charles-Francois Dupuis, 3rdA quaint Brooklyn-style coffee shop that seriously knows their coffee, and also do great brunch platters and salad plates.
Coutume 47 Rue de Babylone, 7th, I’d give the food a miss but their coffee is up there with the best.


Best places to shop in Paris (all have men's and women's fashion except for Manoush)
Bubblewood  4 Rue Elzevir, 3rdIn a city where people prefer to stick to a colour palette of black and grey, this store is a refreshing find with cool and colourful fashion, and really reasonabe pricing. 
Manoush 75 Rue Vieille du Temple, 3rdTheir store kind of feels like a clown exploded - in an amazing way.
Kilo Shop 69-71 Rue de la Verrerie, 4thBuy vintage by weight – I picked up an awesome 70's top for only 3 euros!
RA, 14 Rue de la Corderie, 3rd, Walking in here you’ll feel like you stepped into Lady Gaga’s closet - seriously cool and over-the-top pieces.
Kokon to Zai  48 Rue Tiquetonne, 2ndAnother shop where everything is crazy and out there (sensing a theme here?) and their pieces have a very Japanese feel.









And bonus recommendation which I had to add in because it was one of the highlights of Paris...if you want to learn how to make a mean croissant (or macaron or eclair), go to a French cooking class at La Cuisine Paris. Classes are in English and I'm planning on taking everything I learnt back to Australia so I can still eat a real Parisian pastry whenever I get the urge (which at the moment is daily). Book a few weeks in advance.

Sxx

No comments:

Post a Comment